Sunday, March 15, 2015

Interview with NYTIMES Best Selling Author, Jacquelyn Frank

Some of you who know me know I LOVE Jacquelyn Frank. I was lucky enough to get to read this novel, CURSED BY ICE through Net Galley and with a little bit of luck I was able to snag an interview. I hope you enjoy this question and answer. She's an amazing author and I just hope one day I can be as well known as her.

-- Ashley

INTERVIEW

1)      What made you start this new Immortal Brothers series and how many books do you think you will have in it?

JF: I was in the mood for something different. I wanted to change it up a little from the NIGHTWALKERS series, and this is what came to me. There’s going be 4 books in the series.

2)      Is there any chance we will see more of the Gods playing a bigger factor in all of these worlds? Not just the small roles we have seen thus far.

JF: The Gods generally play the same role as in the first book, but they figure more into the story in the last book.

3)      How did you come up with the different races that you portrayed inside the book? Was it easy or hard? Did you have a clear image of what you wanted or did it evolve as you wrote the stories out?

JF: It was pretty easy for me. It generally evolved as I wrote the story. I have no plans, it just generates itself in my mind as I write.

4)      Are you a plotter or pantser?

JF: I’m a pantser! I write things down as I go only for the sake of keeping track of what I’ve already written. My memory ain’t what it used to be!

5)      What inspired you to start this new series?
(same question as #1)

6)      The NIGHTWALKER series is amazing, I truly love it. I enjoyed the last two books that came out, FORGED and FORSAKEN, how did you come up with that in depth series?

JF: It’s the same as I said before—it just generates as I write. I don’t plan things out, I just regurgitate words!

7)      Was there ever a time when you didn’t think you wanted to continue in the fantasy/paranormal genre?

JF: No- paranormal and fantasy is my niche.

8)      Did you always want to be a writer? Was there someone who inspired you to pick up a pen and start creating worlds?

JF: I always wanted to be a writer—I started when I was 13 years old. The only people who inspired me were the authors I read every day.

9)      Will there be another NIGHTWALKER book?

JF: There’ll be one more, the last book. It’s called FORGIVEN.

10)   Is there anything you have in the way of advice for aspiring and up and coming authors?

JF: Just don’t give up! Keep trying. Take chances. If I had done those things, I would have been published a lot sooner than I was.

11)   What’s your favorite part of living in North Carolina?

JF: Beautiful mountains, beautiful weather…what’s not to love?

12)   I heard a rumor you have some ‘sexier’ writings out there, can you tell me about them?

JF: You might want to check out the books I write as “Jax.”

13)   I like to do a lightning round, so these are quick questions
a.       Light or Dark Dark
b.      Coke or Pepsi Pepsi
c.       Football or Baseball Baseball
d.      Pool or Beach Beach
e.      Winter or Summer Winter
f.        Superman or Batman Batman
g.       Books or Ebooks Ebooks
h.      Movies or Television Movies
i.        Camping or Resort Resort
Thank you so much for this interview. I can’t wait for your next novel!
You’re welcome! Anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment