Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Jen met the Governor... Jealous?

This post was originally posted at TheCubicleEscapee.com

This past Sunday my mom treated me to Walker Stalker con... and let me just say it was a blast!!!

Comic cons have become such a fad that often when I go to con I am having to shuffle through crowds, getting yelled at by security for god knows what, waiting in two hour lines, honestly my desire to go to comic con is further proof I am a lunatic because who the world wants to wait in a line to meet a person??? I do.  Obviously.

IMG_2808

So imagine my immediate delight when I realized that the typical con experience would not occur at Walker Stalker con.  It was calm, organized and a total blast.  I was not getting yelled at by security for taking photos, I was able to walk around freely and I was able to enjoy con with my mom with no drama.

I will go back next year.

As the title of this convention would indicate it is a Walking Dead themed con.  I am very new to the Walking Dead bandwagon, but I have quickly become a fan! Don't spoil anything I am just now about to start season 4!!!

Still I was excited about meeting two people.  Emma Bell because I am HUGE Dallas fan #BringDallasBACK and the governor.  Mom and I walked araound and came up to Emma Bell, no one was at her table so I quickly went up and struck up a conversation.

She is AWESOME.  Seriously, not only is she beautiful she was amazing.  She complimented my eye shadow, which I admit threw me for a  minute, I have never been complimented by a celebrity, please give me a minute while I stoke my ego. . .

Ok I am done, but I am pretty sure I will be talking about the time Emma Bell said she liked my eye shadow for the foreseeable future...

I learned she is about to have few indie films out (count me in!) and that she is upset about Dallas too!!! Seriously way to leave us hanging TNT!!!!! She has am immediate fan because she was beyond nice and down to earth which I always love seeing in a celeb.

IMG_2796

Seriously!!! how cute is she?

Afterwards mom and I went and grabbed some pop corn, we sat in the Breaking Bad panel for a bit and we have decided it is time to start watching Breaking Bad (I know, bad nerd) but there is just way too much good TV and just not enough time to watch it all!

Mom and I had already gotten our tickets to meet the governor, (mom was seriously excited!!! I love when she gets excited about meeting a celeb, last time I saw her that excited was when we met Danny Glover) and got in line.  We waited maybe 20 minutes and it was finally our turn.

I just got a picture, I didn't have anything to get signed.  Mom bought an awesome drawing of "The governor" and got that signed.   I took my picture, he was awesome.  He was tall!! I had my 5 inch boots on (I was trying to look like some awesome zombie slayer... cause you know they totally wear boots!) and he was still taller than me.

It was my first big nerd moment of the year, and the perfect way for me to kick my con season off!

IMG_2815

Who are you hoping to meet in 2015?  Have you had your first nerd moment of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment